Background

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Super secret card and super secret sneak peek....shhhhh!!

I told you I was back and it's only been a mere 24 hours and here I am again!  This heat we're in the midst of has left me holed up in my craft room, but that certainly isn't a bad thing, I LOVE it!  



I have a lot of things I am working on at the moment, but I wanted to share a card I whipped up this evening for a dear friend, but it is, as I said, SUPER SECRET, so she cannot know. ;)  I used one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE paper lines, Neapolitan from Dear Lizzy for American Crafts.  This paper has been out since Winter CHA, but I really, really do love it and I use it all the time.  The colors are so soft and the images are so fresh and fun and definitely reminiscent of Summer.  It is just a simple Thank You card but I think it turned out SO cute.  I used up a lot of my 6x6 paper scraps with this one.   I kinda made my own patterned paper;  I cut out 1" strips of patterned paper from my scraps and adhered them on a scrap piece of paper in a diagonal pattern then I trimmed it down to 4" x 5 1/4" to fit on my standard A2 card base, then rounded the corners of both that and the card base.  Speaking of the card base it is from Scrap Happy of course and it is one of their exclusive colors, Sno Cone and it matches perfectly.  They sell their pre-scored and folded card bases with matching envelopes, YES, in the same color, SO, SO cute!  Anyway, I stamped the "thank you" with matching Sno Cone ink punched 3 hearts out of some remaining scraps and adhered them with pop dots to the little element from the paper pack.  I then wrapped it in some baker's twine and adhered that with more pop dots, but not until I cut and punched a 1 1/2" strip of Sno Cone cardstock.  Easy peasy!

NOW, for the SUPER SECRET sneak peek!  Scrap Happy has their own line of dies!  Okay, I know you already know that, right?  Well,  I  happen to be in possession of a future release die.  It is an envelope liner  die and it cuts and scores to fit into a standard A2 squared envelope and it fits PERFECTLY in the Scrap Happy envelopes!  I can't show you the die itself until it has been released, but here is a pic of the envelope I made for my card.  Isn't it the most awesome thing you have ever seen!? It just gives this and any card that little extra little something.  Can't wait to do more with it.

Until next time.......Hugs!

2 comments:

  1. I hate keeping secrets...good things she doesn't know what blogs are:)

    ReplyDelete