Background

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Jillibean Soup Masculine Thank You Card


Okay, I am not very good with masculine cards, but a friend of mine did me a HUGE favor this week and I needed an appropriate "thank you" card and since he is, well, a he, the occasion called for a masculine card.  I went to my Jillibean Soup card kit from this month's Card Kitchen because it had a masculine theme and I hadn't played around with it yet since I had already made my Father's Day cards.  I loved the bright bold colors that Jillibean is known for and I thought all the little accents and diecuts that come with the collection, which happen to be Macho Nacho Soup and it is SO stinkin' cute, were perfect for my sentiment and I adore the little name tag sticker that I used.  My friend, if you knew him you would find him equally as endearing, but he can be a little egotistical in a completely funny, loving, and self-deprecating way, does that make since? Anyway, I thought he would enjoy seeing his name in "lights"!  I've known him since Kindergarten so in the off chance he reads this blog post, he would concur with my assessment!  ;)

The card is very simple, just an Orange Fizz card base from Scrap Happy, a 1 1/2" strip of patterned paper on the bottom, some of Jillibeans corrugated shapes in the arrows, I used my Jenni Bowlin paint dabbers in Cough Syrup and Lemon Drops (which, of course can be found at Scrap Happy) to brighten them up a bit, adhered them toward the center pointing at my main image which was a perfectly fitting sticker from the collection adhered with pop dots.  Then I took the mini alphas, spelled out "thanks' and added that adorable name tag sticker I mentioned earlier.  This IS loosely based on a sketch from my kit this month, but I changed it around and gave it my own flair.  Not much flair, though, it is for a silly man! 

4 comments:

  1. Omg, so cute! I can't get over how much you have blogged and gotten done. Way to go Candy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mindy Lou! I have very motivating friends ;)

      Delete
  2. Great card for your friend. I am sure he will enjoy it. I love the papers you used. TFS
    Candy why are my comments posting twice. Any Idea??It just started doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am such a big fan of Jillibean Soup...and arrows! I'm happy to see you back to blogging :) And I have something for you on my blog!! Swing on by to see what it is... http://ecoscrapbook.blogspot.com/2012/06/sending-little-love-to-ohio-michigan.html

    ReplyDelete