Background

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Absence makes the heart grow fonder..........right?

Wow what a week is has been.  My DH and I closed on our new home and my mind has just been racing with all the fabulous things I can do with it.  My craft room will be almost twice the size as I have now and I am already planning scrappy slumber parties with my BFF's!!!  I have been making calls galore to utilities and inspectors and contractors, etc and can't wait to get settled in.

Aside from closing on the house and pinning like a madwoman, I have been trying to stay cool in this heat we  are having.  Thank Heavens for air conditioning and ice cream!!!!  Or ice cream and air conditioning?!  Anyway, I have been a busy little bee.  I whipped up my Scrap Happy design team project and did a couple cards for two of my NEW neighbors whom I have had the pleasure of meeting already.  Everyone seems so nice and friendly, so far, and quite happy to have someone moving in.  Lastly, I made a card for a friend because I just LOVE sending Happy Mail :)

These first four cards are my design team cards using Authentique Glory collection and some Scrap Happy stamps and dies.  I showed the envelopes on 3 of the cards because of Scrap Happy's soon to be released envelope liner die.  FANTASTIC!!!!  You can check out the specifics of these cards on the Scrap Happy blog!




The following two are the ones I made for my new neighbors.  I used the paper(Paper Cottage by Basic Grey) from my Simon Says Stamp July Kit, but I used some fitting stamps from CTMH and Stampin' Up where you can shop with my friends, Mindy & Marla, respectively.  The 2nd of the two also fulfilled my fun little challenge I have going on with my friends, Keisha and Mindy to use all our CTMH stamp sets and not use the same one twice.  I am a little behind on that, but, hey, I just bought a house!



 This is the card I made for my darling friend.  She just doesn't know it yet, probably tomorrow ;)  I used papers from Echo Park, their Hello Summer line from my Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients kit.  I also used the stamp set that Taylor had made especially for this paper collection.  It is so CUTE!  
That is all for this day, hope ya'll have a SUPER weekend and AMAZING Independence Day holiday if I can't blog before then!

HUGS
Candy

1 comment:

  1. Great cards Candy. I must say you have been very busy. Thanks for the inspiration....

    ReplyDelete